Today is an exciting day. Today Titus is 37 weeks old, which is considered full-term in the medical world! Praise God for sustaining us through out this pregnancy! We have reached the point where if I went into labor all systems would be go. It’s kind of like the first finish line of pregnancy — but certainly not the only finish line! I continue to pray the Lord would be with Titus, my husband, myself, our doctors, and the hospital staff during the labor and delivery of our sweet son!
I bless God for giving us the gift of life in our family.
I thank God for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
I thank God for the prayers of my church, my sisters and brothers through out the world for Titus and myself.
I thank God for the kindness of our friends and family that we have had to buy practically nothing for baby Titus.
I bless God for the sweet daughters He has given us and all the excitement they have for their baby brother and their anxiousness to help and serve him.
I thank God for a husband that loves life, is open to life, who recognizes that God alone gives life, who has been so excited and loving … and will continue to be so 🙂
I know that it is only the hand of the Lord that has brought us through this pregnancy thus far. I’m so thankful he choose to give my husband and I another sweet, little soul to care for and pray for.
Gratitude is the return justly required from the objects of His beneficence; yet it is often withheld from our great Benefactor simply because His goodness is so constant and so abundant. It is lightly esteemed because it is exercised toward us in the common course of events. It is not felt because we daily experience it.
256. I’m thankful for God calling my husband to serve the church as deacon. It’s wonderful to me that God reveals His plans/paths to us in His time.
257. Dinner out with my beloved and the conversation that goes with.
258. Waking up to a letter on my pillow from my husband encouraging me to stay in the Word and reminding he is praying for me.
259. The Lord adding to His church daily! We received three new young girls into our membership yesterday after their baptisms! Soli Deo Gloria!
260. Ideas, encouragement and helpful tips on home keeping in books written by other members.
261. Prayers of the saints for each other.
262. Feather pillows, fuzzy socks, and warm & cozy fires on these cold days!
By His Grace,
From littlethingsstudio on Etsy
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13,14
255. Today, I am praising God for the guarantee, the assurance to those that have been saved in Christ. Isn’t that verse just balm on your weary soul? The Holy Spirit has sealed us and guaranteed our inheritance (eternity in glory) in Christ. Is there anything more comforting in all this life than knowing that?
So much to sing God’s praises for.
248. For the baby in the manger that grew up to be the man on the cross taking away the penalty for my sins. It’s impossible not be joyous as we celebrate the birth of our savior knowing what we know, seeing the picture clearly. Thank you God for your perfect plan.
249. An extremely helpful Emma. She has went above and beyond to help around the house, with a cheerful spirit, since I’ve been sick these first three months of pregnancy.
250. Political talks with my hubby. These always end with each of us smiling and laughing. 🙂
251. A wonderful Sunday sermon followed by joyful fellowshiping among the saints.
252. Seed catalongs in the mail!
253. Christmas cards in the mail, full of photos and sweet messages from friends and family.
“Thankfulness to God is a recognition that God in His goodness and faithfulness has provided for us and cared for us, both physically and spiritually. It is a recognition that we are totally dependent upon Him; that all that we are and have comes from God.” -Jerry Bridges
226. Faithful praying friends.
227. Answered prayers.
228. Excellent family discussions at the dinner table, at family worship, at bedtime …
229. That my children are home with me all day.
230. Family pets.
231. God showing me, once again, that His timing is perfect.
232. Warm, cozy blankets.
233. Whipped cream on our noses after drinking a warm hot chocolate.
234. The crisp cool air of fall. The leaves changing and the upcoming holidays!
On Saturday, a sweet friend of mine was tragically killed in a car accident. Kortney was only a year older than me (28), newly married (in May), and twenty-one weeks pregnant. She was a staffer at Students For Life America. She spent her life saving babies from abortion. It’s really hard to tell how many children she saved. She lived her life by the verse, “To live is Christ, to die is gain.” She and her unborn daughter, Sophy are greatly missed.
- I’m thankful for the assurance that Kortney is in heaven. (213)
- I’m thankful I will see her again. (214)
- I’m thankful that God has used her death to draw more people to Him and bring glory to His name. (215)
- I’m thankful her husband Ben has such amazing, strong faith in God. His faith and strength through this has been a huge testament to the Lord (216)
- I’m thankful for the intercession of fellow believers during this time. When one suffers the whole body suffers …(217)
- I’m blessed to see the outpouring of love and support from the church for this family. (218)
- I’m blessed to see God answer prayers, as the other passenger in the car went from knocking on death’s door to an amazing (gradual) recovery (that is continuing) almost over night as believers started to pray. (219)
We are on vacation this week and it’s been so nice to be with family.
- I’m thankful for cool, fall days. (220)
- My mom and my dad. I love them so much.(221)
- My ex-husband’s family. I’m so grateful that even after divorce they still consider me family. We’ve remained so close and I’m very thankful. (222)
- The beauty God has shared with us in His creation. It’s especially beautiful this time of year. (223)
- Time to catch up with my life-long friend, Tara. And to see her sweet baby girl. (224)
- That the Gospel, like our Lord, never changes. (225)
- That God is always there. He never leaves us.(226)
What are you thankful for this week?
Much love & blessings!
203. Excellent books.
204. Specifically, a wonderful book
about how to pray the scriptures.
205. Our health. Being sick for a week or so really makes you cherish this!
206. To see my daughter get excited about learning Greek with my husband.
207. The freedom we have in America to worship and live as Christians.
208. Technology that allows for more unity in the body of Christ. We can quickly know when members are suffering and rejoicing and do so with them!
209. The upcoming Keach Conference. Very excited to sit under the preaching/teaching from wise Godly, men!
210. The access to clean, fresh drinking water.
211. My children.
212. Situations that I don’t understand that cause me to re-learn to lean on God’s understanding and NOT mine. His thoughts and His ways are far above mine — how quickly I forget this!