I kind of got out of the habit of posting menu plans each week, oops! Because we have an extra busy week we didn’t bother shopping for anything other than baking goods (we recently joined a wholesale club and was able to score awesome deals on our baking needs by buying in bulk. It should last for all the holiday cooking I need to do. And we are doing a lot because we are giving cookies and other treats as gifts). So, we are having a frugal, eat from the pantry plan this week. Here’s the plan 🙂
- Chili over brown rice
- Haystacks made from left over chili (“haystacks”–set out bowls of chopped lettuce, tomatoes, corn chips, rice, cheese, sour cream, olives, and hot sauce. Let everyone pile things on and make up their own “haystack”.)
- Bean and chicken burritos
- Pizza topped with any leftover beans (mashed), salsa, etc.
- Mexican Lasagna (Saturday we are having Thanksgiving at Josh’s parents.)
- Sliced apples, bagel sandwiches x3
- Chicken and Rice Soup (making a batch of this for freezer cooking and will leave some for lunch)
- Hard boiled eggs, fruit cup, cheese stick
What are you planning to feed your family this week?