On Saturday, a sweet friend of mine was tragically killed in a car accident. Kortney was only a year older than me (28), newly married (in May), and twenty-one weeks pregnant. She was a staffer at Students For Life America. She spent her life saving babies from abortion. It’s really hard to tell how many children she saved. She lived her life by the verse, “To live is Christ, to die is gain.” She and her unborn daughter, Sophy are greatly missed.
- I’m thankful for the assurance that Kortney is in heaven. (213)
- I’m thankful I will see her again. (214)
- I’m thankful that God has used her death to draw more people to Him and bring glory to His name. (215)
- I’m thankful her husband Ben has such amazing, strong faith in God. His faith and strength through this has been a huge testament to the Lord (216)
- I’m thankful for the intercession of fellow believers during this time. When one suffers the whole body suffers …(217)
- I’m blessed to see the outpouring of love and support from the church for this family. (218)
- I’m blessed to see God answer prayers, as the other passenger in the car went from knocking on death’s door to an amazing (gradual) recovery (that is continuing) almost over night as believers started to pray. (219)
We are on vacation this week and it’s been so nice to be with family.
- I’m thankful for cool, fall days. (220)
- My mom and my dad. I love them so much.(221)
- My ex-husband’s family. I’m so grateful that even after divorce they still consider me family. We’ve remained so close and I’m very thankful. (222)
- The beauty God has shared with us in His creation. It’s especially beautiful this time of year. (223)
- Time to catch up with my life-long friend, Tara. And to see her sweet baby girl. (224)
- That the Gospel, like our Lord, never changes. (225)
- That God is always there. He never leaves us.(226)
What are you thankful for this week?
Much love & blessings!